American Express and Lowe’s recently introduced a new cash back reward option for small and mid-size business Card Members to help fuel their business, add to their cash flow, and meet their business-to-business (B2B) spending needs. Lowe’s Business Rewards Card Members can now earn rewards and redeem them for cash back on their statement – whether visiting Lowe’s to stock up on appliances, lumber or tools, or making purchases outside of Lowe’s like grabbing pizza for the crew at the jobsite, staying connected to clients with a wireless plan, or running to the nearest office supply store.
Construction is one of the biggest industries American Express serves with its small and mid-sized business products and services. To help meet their needs, American Express is focused on supporting businesses of all sizes by offering B2B payments, financing solutions, and trusted brand partners.
“Many of our Lowe’s Business Card Members are in construction, an industry that has experienced high demand during the pandemic and into the recovery, and one where cash flow is critical as these businesses deal with large upfront costs while waiting to get paid on the backend,” says Courtney Kelso, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Global Commercial Card, American Express. “We heard from these Card Members that they need more flexibility to run their growing businesses, and this new cash back reward option delivers, enabling them to focus on what’s most important – getting the job done.”
B2B spending remains high in construction
Earlier this year, American Express launched the Global Business Spend Indicator (GBSI), a global survey that provides ongoing insight around business spending, with a deep dive focus on B2B spending. According to the latest GBSI data, business spending on building, construction, maintenance, or installation has been strong in 2021, with 41.9% of U.S. businesses predicting they would spend more on building, construction and maintenance in Q3 than in Q2. Of those who said they plan to spend more in the construction industry, nearly 40% said the top reason was the resumption of building, construction or maintenance work that was paused during the pandemic.
The co-brand power of American Express and Lowe’s
American Express and Lowe’s have had a long-standing relationship since 2009, together meeting the financing needs of small and mid-sized businesses, primarily in construction. By renewing their relationship and updating the Lowe’s Business Rewards Card, American Express and Lowe’s are showing their joint commitment to each other, the construction industry, and their customers – offering rewards and benefits that best meet their everyday needs.
The updated Card rewards include:
- 2% cash back on Lowe’s purchases
- 2% cash back at U.S. restaurants, U.S. office supply stores, and wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers
- 1% cash back on other eligible purchases
Terms Apply. Cash back is received in the form of Lowe’s Business Rewards points that can be redeemed for statement credits or Lowe’s gift cards.
Eligible new card members can also take advantage of special welcome offers1 including:
- 5% cash back on purchases at Lowe’s for the first six months of Card Membership
- $100 statement credit upon Card approval
- From September 13, 2021 through September 24, 2021, receive an additional $50 statement credit on top of the $100 after joining Lowe’s4Pros Loyalty Program and registering their Card
In addition, Lowe’s Business Rewards Card Members will continue to enjoy:
- $0 annual fee2
- Access to benefits with Lowe’s ProServices, including access to dedicated ProServices team members, discounted delivery, and bulk rate pricing
- 5% discount at Lowe’s on eligible purchases, when checking out online or in-store
- Access to American Express’ expense management tools including Cards for employees, account alerts to manage company wide spending and more
- A number of Amex Offers for savings across shipping and advertising services, technology, office supplies and more
To learn more about the Lowe’s Business Rewards Card from American Express and see the full list of terms and benefits, visit here.
Global business spend indicator by American Express methodology
The Global Business Spend Indicator by American Express leverages survey data from more than 3,700 companies across Australia, Canada, Japan, Mexico, the UK and the U.S. Together, these countries account for around two-fifths of global economic output, making the GBSI a key bellwether of conditions in the business-to-business (B2B) spending landscape. In each country, a similar number of sole traders, micro businesses (with 1-9 employees), small businesses (with 10-49 employees), medium-sized businesses (with 50-249 employees), and large businesses (with 250+ employees) have been surveyed, providing a holistic insight into the diversity of perspectives and experiences that exist within the business population. Specifically in the US, survey data was collected on 1,072 businesses.
The survey underpinning this edition of the GBSI was conducted by Opinium research between 5th and 31st August 2021. The sample is comprised of senior decision makers with responsibility over at least three categories of expenditure.
- For full Terms and Conditions, see here. Terms of the Lowe’s Loyalty Program are available here. All benefits are subject to credit approval.
- Lowe’s Business Rewards Card Rates and Fees