WHAT IS FLY ASH??
Fly ash is a by-solution of the combustion of pulverized coal in thermal ability crops. The dust collection system eliminates the fly ash, as a great particulate residue, from the combustion gases prior to they are discharged into the atmosphere.
Fly ashes exhibit pozzolanic activity. The American Culture for Testing and Materials (ASTM) defines a pozzolan as “a siliceous or siliceous and aluminous product which in by itself possesses very little or no cementitious value but which will, in finely divided variety and in the existence of humidity, chemically respond with calcium hydroxide at common temperature to type compounds possessing cementitious homes.”
Gain of employing Flyash
1) Advancement in durability.
2) Significantly less warmth of hydration.
3) Bigger energy at afterwards age.
4) Enhancement in workability and cohesion.
5) Environment-friendly substance.
6) Overall economy.
Fly ash is tested as for each IS 3812 & Prerequisites of IS code are as follows
Actual physical necessities.
For Siliceous flyash
1) Fineness= 320 sq.m/ kg. ( Min. )
2) Particles retained on 45 micron ( Damp sieving )= 34 ( Max )
3) Lime reactivity = 4.5 N /sq.mm Min.
4) Compressive power in 28 times = not a lot less than 80% of the strength of corresponding plain cement mortar cubes
5) Soundness= .8
6) Loss on Ignition = 5 % Max.
Sio2+Al2O3+Fe2O3 = Min 70
Sio2 by mass = Min 35
Reactive Silica = Min 20
MgO= Max 5.
So3= Max 3.
Na2)= Max 1.5
Overall Chlorides= Max .005
LOI= Max 5.
Typical result of Flyash